Wind Sand & Stars carefully selects mature and qualified group leaders, who not only have proven experience of working with relevant client groups for each of our journeys, but also experience of the destination environment, combined with an understanding of its culture and unique history. For our school groups, as well as their experience of working with young people, a belief in the value of adventure education is essential.
Our leaders are employed for their judgement, experience and knowledge. They may also be required to have relevant qualifications in the outdoor industry, depending on the nature of the journey itinerary:
- A current Advanced First Aid certificate
- Mountain Leader Summer (assessed) qualification
- Experience of the destination
- A DBS certificate for leaders of school groups
- A background in personal development with young people for school groups